Warm, comforting and richly decadent bread pudding gets a boost by using our Pan de Coco.
The small shreds of coconut puts an Island twist on this traditional Southern dish.
1 bag Pan de Coco
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
4 tbsp sugar (for topping)
1. Cut the Pan de Coco into 1 inch cubes. Place into buttered 9x13 baking dish.
2. Crack 6 eggs into large mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
3. Add heavy whipping cream, water, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt into bowl with eggs. Whisk well to combine.
4. Pour egg and cream mixture into baking dish with Pan de Coco. Press down to make sure the mixture soaks through all bread pieces.
5. Cover with foil and place in refrigerator overnight to allow bread to fully absorb mixture.
6. In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degree oven. Remove foil and sprinkle top with chopped macadamia nuts and sugar.
7. Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, remove foil and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes. Serves 6.